PuntoGPS is a simple tracking application to show your position to others, e.g. during urban bike rides :)
It's made up of a GPS tracking app and a web based map.
The app can be run on any GPS equipped device (smartphone, tablet, etc) by the users that want to show their position and/or track their paths.
No user account is required, but users can set a short status message to identify (the default is the device name).
The web map shows the current position of the active users, allowing others to find them.
It runs on any browser and supports a great variety of tile layers (Open Street Map and Google Satellite among others).
As a php+mysql service can be installed on any web server (i.e. your bike-team site!).
It's free, open source, portable and cross-platform.
*** NB ***
- Check the "allow unknown sources" option on your device security settings to setup on Android.
Current version: 0.9 (beta)
Release notes: -> https://sourceforge.net/p/puntogps/blog/
- Get your GPS location
- Share/hide your position on a public web map
- Save/edit/publish your tracks
- User agnostic: no account at all.
- Server agnostic: use mine or set up your own
- cross-platform, portable and open-source
CategoriesGPS (Global Positioning System)
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Be the first to post a review of PuntoGPS!