KeePass Password Safe is a free, open source, lightweight, and easy-to-use password manager for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, with ports for Android, iPhone/iPad and other mobile devices. With so many passwords to remember and the need to vary passwords to protect your valuable data, it’s nice to have KeePass to manage your passwords in a secure way. KeePass puts all your passwords in a highly encrypted database and locks them with one master key or a key file. As a result, you only have to remember one single master password or select the key file to unlock the whole database. And the databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms currently known, AES and Twofish. See our features page for details.
- Strong security (AES encryption, SHA-256 hash, protection against dictionary and guessing attacks, in-memory protection, ...).
- Portable (no installation required), available for many platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, smart devices/phones, ...).
- Efficient and flexible organization (entry groups, tags, time fields, file attachments, ...).
- Various data transfer methods (clipboard, drag and drop, auto-type, plugins can provide integration with other applications, ...).
- Powerful password generator (generation based on character sets and patterns, with many options).
- Extensible (plugin architecture) and multi-language (more than 40 languages are available).
KeePass at a GlanceYou can easily download KeePass for Windows and you can port it on a USB stick for most other operating systems. The interface is as busy as it is robust. For example, KeePass supports password groups for sorting passwords. You can drag and drop passwords into most windows or use a hot key to type your login information into windows automatically. You can also quick copy user names and passwords to the clipboard with a double-click on a field in the password list. And KeePass can import data from a variety of formats like CSV, while the password list can be exported to formats such as TXT, HTML, XML, and CSV.
Product DetailsHere is a detailed breakdown of KeePass’s features:
- Strong security—KeePass uses AES encryption to encrypt its password databases, SHA-256 password hash, protection against dictionary and guessing attacks, in-memory protection, and more.
- Portable—KeePass is portable, carry it on a USB stick and run it or directly install it on Windows if you prefer desktop access.
- Easy Database Transfer—A password database, consisting of a single file, is easy to transfer between computers.
- Multiple user keys—Use a master password to decrypt the complete database or carry a key file with you.
- Powerful password generator—KeePass generates passwords based on character sets and patterns, with many options.
- Extensible—KeePass provides plugin architecture for advanced features and supports over 40 languages.
|KeePass has a powerful password generator and is available with multi-factor authentication, and it can handle non-standard login sequences. Plugins provide advanced features.||KeePass takes a while to warm up to, with its feature-filled interface that might confuse some beginners, but a help center is available to assist you as you find your way around.|
- Version: 2.29
- File size: 2.5 MB
- Date added: April 10, 2015
- Operating systems: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Android mobile devices, and more.
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Great program. I continue to use it for almost 10 years. I would like to suggest a slight improvement. Make it possible to attach files to groups. I think it will be very convenient for many users. Thanks.
This is the only password safe I trust - it's established, well tested and open source.
KeePass is an excellent Password Manager for all Operating System. The Design can be more good but it still basic for easy-to-use. Only 1 feature I requested is an Email field...
Does the job when you need to maintain hundreds of auths in rotation.