Menu

Todoist for Launchy 2.0+

ezra212
2008-01-02
2018-02-05
  • ezra212

ezra212 - 2008-01-02

Hello,

I've been a big fan (and heavy user) of the Todoist plugin for Launchy.  I was dismayed when I couldn't get it to work with Launchy 2.0.  Am I doing something wrong (following the same installation procedure as I did for the previous version of Launchy), or do I just need to wait for the Todoist.dll plugin to be updated for Launchy 2.0?

Thanks,
    e212

• ComeAgain

ComeAgain - 2008-01-02

Hi Ezra,

I've read that none of the old plug-ins will work with this new version so I guess you'll have to wait for the plug-in to be updated by the author.

Greetz,
      Mike

• ezra212

ezra212 - 2008-01-02

Mike,

Thanks.  I contacted the author and he said that he's re-written the plugin and sent it to the folks at Todoist.com, and hopefully they will post the updated version within a few days.

Ezra

• David

David - 2008-01-18

Hello,
      since Amir (the guy behind Todoist) hasn't updated todoist.com in quite some time now I thought I'd might as well release my 2.0 compatible Todoist plugin on my own from my own domain. Here's a download link for those interested:

http://www.davidkarlsson.info/launchy/Todoist2.zip

The syntax looks like this now:

Todoist <tab> item name > date string <tab> project name
      Todoist <tab> item name > date string

There's also a goto command you can use to go a specific project:

Todoist <tab> goto <tab> project name
      Todoist <tab> goto

To be able to post items using the latter shorter syntaxes you'll have to specify a default project in the plugin's settings. Any posts made with these syntaxes will then use your default project when posting items or going to a project.

For those browsing the web using a proxy I've added a proxy settings tab in the plugin's settings where you can specify if you either want to use a SOCKS5 or HTTP proxy when sending the API requests to todoist.com.

//David

• A R

A R - 2008-01-31

hi,

i noticed a minor bug:
      when you remove or rename a project at todoist, the launchy plugin will still list it after a refresh.

thank you for your plugin! much appreciated!

bye

• David

David - 2008-02-05

Hey A R,
        thanks for letting me know about this issue. I will fix it as soon as I can and make a post about it here when I release a new version.

//David

• gpzbc

gpzbc - 2008-08-24

I have tried everything and I can't get this to work.  Any ideas what i am doing wrong?  I do everything as described here.  When I input the task in Launchy it acts like I am doing it correctly but the task never shows up in Todoist.
      I'm stumped!
      Thanks

• Near Privman

Near Privman - 2008-08-24

Just a thought: perhaps you typed the web service token in wrong? It could explain why you're not seeing the tasks in Todoist

• gpzbc

gpzbc - 2008-08-24

Thanks for your reply.  I double checked that by copy and pasting it.  It didn't help.
          I just can't figure it out.

• gpzbc

gpzbc - 2008-08-27

I have tried everything and I am stumped!   I even tried typing in the wrong format and I received an error that said incorrect syntax.  When I do it correctly, it acts like I am adding but when i go to todoist, there is nothing there. 

• artgeek

artgeek - 2008-09-07

Signed up just to thank you for sorting out Todoist with the 2.0 Launchy and to see if someone could sort out what my issue is with using the plugin. Token is right (since my projects show up in the plugin menu), but when I try to use it via Launchy, eg

Todoist<tab>goto

I get an alert:

You are attempting to open a file of type 'Application Extension' (.dll)
         These files are used by the operating system and by various programs. Editing or modifying them could damage your system. If you still want to open the file, click Open With, otherwise, click Cancel.

Any idea what's up and, more importantly on my end!, what I can do to fix it?

Cheers / artgeek

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-12-15

Where can I get this plug in it seems that the file is not there anymore

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-12-21

I also need this plugin. Who can share it? ty

• Neil Scott

Neil Scott - 2014-05-07

Here is David Karlsson's script (add into Launchy plugins folder: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6248132/Scripts/Todoist%20Launchy%20Plugin.zip)

• Chad Jackson

Chad Jackson - 2015-08-28

Which version of Launchy are you using this with? For some reason Launchy doesn't see the plugin as installed. BTW, thanks for preserving this somewhere, I am a massive Launchy and Todoist user and this has been on my wishlist forever.

• Manish Karamchandani

Can anyone share the plugin again? The link that Neil Scott posted is dead

• Katie Dickerson

Katie Dickerson - 2018-02-05

After wishing I had the plugin myself and not being able to track down anything that worked, I was able to cobble together a light substitute with IFTTT.

Within the Launchy Runner plugin, I have a todoist action. It triggers a curl web request to my IFTTT maker page. I've set up IFTTT with a recipe when my todoist maker event is triggered, it adds the passed value to my inbox as a task. It's far from ideal - you'd have to make a new IFTTT recipe for each project you wanted to use, it doesn't work offline, and it can't parse dates or labels. But it's better than nothing, right?

For reference, this is what I have in the Arguments column in launchy.

-X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d "{\"value1\":\"$$\"}" -k --insecure https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/add_todoist/with/key/[my_key]

It's a hobbling one-trick pony - frankly, I'd rather have something native. On the other hand, now I have a launchy trigger for IFTTT, which I'm sure will come in handy.