Menu

getChunk never called?

P5music
2010-09-15
2016-05-25
  • P5music

P5music - 2010-09-15

Hello,
    I am using jvstwrapper and wrote the getChunk function but no action I put into it is executed so I think it is never called.
    How could I be sure that really it is called? I put the override clause but maybe it is not even linked to c++ vst library.
    Thanks in advance

• lvr123

lvr123 - 2010-09-15

I don't have my code under the eyes nor the opportunity to find a vst 2.4 spec. Thus, from memory, try in the initialization of your plugin to tell you are using chunks with "hasChunk(true)". Or (if this method is deprecated) in the method where you tell what your plug can, check it exists a "ChunkCanDo"

• lvr123

lvr123 - 2010-09-16

I checked in my code. You have use in the initialisation of your plugin:

setProgramHasChunks(true)

• therealjuanmartinez

Maybe something has changed since 2010, but for me the following code is what worked to get my DAW asking for Chunks... (in my custom VSTPluginAdapter constructor):

this.programsAreChunks(true);

Last edit: therealjuanmartinez 2016-03-01
  • Jonathan Young

Jonathan Young - 2016-05-25

I have added this.programsAreChunks(true) into the constructor and overriden the getChunk and setChunk methods. But these methods are still not being called at all. I put print statements in and they simply aren't called. Are there any other requirements to get this working?

Last edit: Jonathan Young 2016-05-25