What a fun journey thus far. I've been able to get a more modern JavaFX project up and running (nowhere near complete but it is functional) and being able to use Java has sped things up a bit.

My code, which is functional and includes several samples of working VSTs both with/without UIs and using both Swing or JavaFX, can be found here: https://github.com/therealjuanmartinez/rjmjVSTwRapperVSTs

The flagship I'm working on now is the one currently called PolyTool

There is one problem, however... whenever I load a project in my DAW that uses one of the plugins, the window for my plugin will launch (not the jVSTWrapper window though, necessarily). This is fine for now, but could eventually become a nuisance, especially if I use multiple plugins
in a single project.

If I can find a way to programatically make the window invisible (or minimized, at worst), then my thought is that I can do that once when the plugin first launches, and open the window later if needed.

I've tried the following in my VSTPluginAdapter but it just hides the UI content and leaves an empty window:
Platform.runLater(new Runnable(){ //this is JavaFX-ish
@Override
public void run()
{
final Stage window = new Stage();
window.setScene(scene); //this is the scene we've already created
window.hide();

I've also tried "this.setVisible(false);" which refers presumably to the parent JFrame but this doesn't seem to do anything.

Any thoughts on how to make it happen?

Thanks,

Last edit: therealjuanmartinez 2016-03-01