Menu

Show a replay

2014-11-06
2015-03-29
  • Jarek Czekalski

Jarek Czekalski - 2014-11-06

What is the potential of using JSkat as a program to analyze skat boards? In simplest version it would have just 2 arrows (<- ->) and would show cards played. Is there much work to do?

• Jan Schäfer

Jan Schäfer - 2014-11-06

I have this idea for a while. I'm currently working under the hood to enable replaying a game step by step (backward and forward). When I'm finished with the inner workings it would be no problem to have this functionality in the GUI after a game is finished. I will open an issue on GitHub (https://github.com/b0n541/jskat-multimodule) where the development of JSkat is currently taking place.

If are you interested in helping to develop this function I also would be glad. I've seen that you have made a similar tool for Bridge...

• Jarek Czekalski

Jarek Czekalski - 2015-02-23

Hi Jan. I'm sorry for not replying, but SF notifications did not work in this case. Actually now I'm quite away from skat software, but thank you for your offer. When I'm ready to do some work regarding this matter, I know where to find you :)

I also found a workaround for my use case. I recorded the games I played with a screen recorder. So far it is the best solution for me, as currently kurnik.pl does not offer any way of saving the data of deals. On the other hand, the author of this page asked me if there is any software to analyze the deals. Maybe when the software is ready, he would like to extend his webpage.

One more thing. The chief of Polish skat association told me that the German association is planning to release some software for presentation of skat plays. However we always prefer open source :)

• Jan Schäfer

Jan Schäfer - 2015-02-23

Hi Jarek,

thank you for the reply. I'm currently hard working to make the replay function available.

It will be possible to replay the last game directly after finishing a game and also to replay games from a file. I will use the file format from the International Skat Server (ISS, homepage https://skatgame.net/iss/).

One game would look like this:

(;GM[Skat]PC[International Skat Server]CO[]SE[24072]ID[541932]DT[2010-12-06/18:59:24/UTC]P0[zoot]P1[kermit]P2[foo]R0[]R1[]R2[0.0]MV[w HA.SK.SJ.SA.CQ.S8.C9.H7.H9.DQ.CJ.S9.DJ.S7.D9.SQ.C8.HQ.DK.CA.D8.D7.DT.CT.ST.C7.HK.DA.HT.HJ.H8.CK 1 p 2 18 0 p 2 s w H8.CK 2 D.ST.H8 0 SA 1 S7 2 DA 2 HJ 0 SJ 1 D9 0 DQ 1 DJ 2 D7 1 CJ 2 D8 0 CQ 1 CA 2 C7 0 C9 1 S9 2 DT 0 S8 2 CT 0 H7 1 C8 2 CK 0 H9 1 HQ 2 HK 0 HA 1 SQ 0 SK 1 DK 2 HT ]R[d:2 loss v:-54 m:-2 bidok p:59 t:4 s:0 z:0 p0:0 p1:0 p2:0 l:-1 to:-1 r:0] ;)

The ISS is run by Michael Buro, who might be well known by you or the German skat association, and there are already 3 million games available for download.

I don't know about any other file format for saving skat games. In chess there is a standard if I remember correctly. If you know a file format I would be glad to know.

Maybe you can propose to the Polish and German skat association that I would be happy if JSkat could be the base of the planned Skat play presentation software. I'm open for suggestions what is needed for this.

Thanks again for your help.

• Jarek Czekalski

Jarek Czekalski - 2015-03-28

Hi Jan,

I had a problem contacting the guy from Polish association, as he plays skat all the time :) Finally I managed to talk to him a minute ago. They don't have any progress on the subject and we guess your help would be greately appreciated.

Please contact me directly, because I don't get notifications from SF. My email address is jarekczek@poczta.onet.pl. I would like to give your email address to my friend from Polish Skat Association and he would pass it to ISPA.

Thank you for the offer.
    Kind Regards
    Jarek