When I open XML file then jEdit writes NullPointerException on STDERR and UI stops refreshing properly.
Steps to reproduce:
1. extract files from testCase.tar.gz to one directory
2. start jEdit
3. open file apiEntities.xml
4. NullPointerException message is written on STDERR
5. put cursor to the last line of apiEntities.xml file
6. press Enter and keep it pressed for a while
7. line numbers in gutter bar stops updated properly after few seconds
8. release Enter key
9. press and keep Up key
10. line numbers in gutter bar are updated but only from to bottom to the current cursor position (so for example you can see that line 7 is followed by line 63)
11. Keep the Up key pressed untill it hits begin of document
12. You can see that document content is not displayed properly (some lines are missing)
13. You can see other anomalies. For example try to click to some docked panel and then click them again to be not displayed (part of plugin window remains visible)
You can see something similar to attached screenshot.
jEdit version number: 5.2.0
platform: Gentoo Linux
Java version: Oracle Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_102-b14)
Activity log: see attached activit.log file
Plugins: see attached plugin-list.txt file
Log in to post a comment.