Menu

Activity

dasyar316
2007-09-30
2013-03-25
  • dasyar316

dasyar316 - 2007-09-30

Just wanted to see if this project is still active. It's been awhile since I have looked at the DOS-C stuff. Anything going on?

• Pat Villani

Pat Villani - 2008-01-22

Kind of.  I didn't want to duplicate what was happening in the FreeDOS space, so I started working on a parallel project I'm calling Prima in order to move from a real mode x86 OS to a portable OS which may support the real mode interface when running on an ia32 platform.  I have published the code on my personal site.  If you (or anyone else) isinterested, I can upload it here to Source Forge.

Pat

• dasyar316

dasyar316 - 2008-03-02

This Prima project is going to be a 32 bit DOS like OS? Maybe you could give a little more detail as to what this Prima project is all about. Is it witten in a C language, like Open Watcom, or is it ASM? I guess maybe I should try to get to your personal site, and see what you have there.

Thanks

• Pat Villani

Pat Villani - 2008-03-03

It's written in C, and is essentially a derivative of DOS-C.  You can download the first proof of concept at ftp://opensourcedepot.com/Prima/Prima-POC-071202.zip.  I am using gcc, and don't plan on supporting any other compiler.

The next POC is in process, but it is going slowly because of the job.  I've been very bust writing code all day and after I come home at night for work.  That will change soon, and I'm hoping to have the next release ready by the end of April.

You can read more about it at http://www.opensourcedepot.com/blog/.

Pat

• dasyar316

dasyar316 - 2008-03-03

I tried going to the ftp://opensource... , and it seems that the link is broken. I also visited your blog, seems like a new approach for you. The blog looks like it should be pretty interesting once your Prima project starts to take off.

• Pat Villani

Pat Villani - 2008-03-03

Seems that the URL produced by sourceforge's automatic formatter stuck the '.' at the end of the sentence into the URL.  Try the following:

ftp://opensourcedepot.com/Prima/Prima-POC-071202.zip

Pat

• dasyar316

dasyar316 - 2008-03-03

Nope, still cannot get to the ftp. I also noticed that when I was visiting your blog, some of the selections seem to have broken links. By broken link, I mean a window comes up, and states that the WEB site cannot be reached.